Hey y’all, Happy Unofficial Start of Summer, aka Memorial Day Weekend! I hope you all have founds ways to enjoy the outdoors, a place to put your feet up and relax, but most of all a way to show your gratitude and appreciation for the men and women that serve our country and protect our freedom (the reason for the season).
This time of year is when I start planning out all of the great ways to have fun in Raleigh over the next few months. Some of my favorite things are movies, concerts, and often times free. Here are a couple of ways to fill your time this summer in and about Raleigh:
- PNC Downtown Movie Series [FREE]
- Midtown Beach Music Series [FREE]
- WakeMed Movies by Moonlight [FREE for kids under 12, $5 for others]
- Raleigh Road Outdoor Theater [$7 Adults, $5 Kids]
What will you be doing this summer? xoxo ‘n lols, crystal
It’s amazing what a few hanging plants and new chairs can do to a front porch. The porch will actually look quite different when we are done with it (new railings, moving the front door, new front steps) but in the meantime I wanted a place to enjoy the weather and this was the low-cost fix I needed! The hanging plants were also a mother’s day gift! Hope you all enjoyed your weekend! — Annie
Happy Mothers Day to the following:
- My Mom, My Grandmother, and all the strong women who guided me in life
- The moms who have experienced the joys of labor, or extended their love to a child that was born by another
- The moms who have babies in heaven
- Fur baby mommies; some choose human babies, others choose fur ones – to each their own
Today I’ll find a way to show my love to all of the women in my life that I appreciate as a mother figure because I love them all and know how much they extend themselves, and their hearts, every day.
But I won’t lie, I have a case of the motherhood blues on this bittersweet day for me. Today would have been my first mother’s day. Today is my first mother’s day. Continue reading