It’s here! The week we’ve all been looking forward to all year for a variety of reasons. You either 1) love Christmas and all that this entails or 2) look forward to the time off from work. For me it’s a lot a bit of both. This past week a co-worker commented, “You really love Christmas, don’t you?” Am I that obvious?
Today in particular I have a couple of random musings that I feel like observing out loud (other than my obvious love for this time of year):
- The real meaning of Christmas. Now I understand that there are a variety of faiths out there and that the holidays mean something a little different to some, but if you have a Christmas tree standing in your house, take some time to observe why it is there this week.
- Today is the shortest day of the year and the first day of winter.
- For a lot of families this is the only time of year they’ll see their extended families. Amazing to think about, make the best of it!
- Within the next 16 hours I will have a new niece! My sister has been in labor since yesterday and I hope for her labor does not extend over a 3 day period.
- Everything changes. The thing about change is how you respond to it.
- Getting old is all in your head. For the last 3 weeks I was certain I was in the process of going blind and thought, great – this is what 30 has to offer. Not only am I not going blind, but my optometrist says my eyes are actually in pretty good health. The only thing 30 has “done” to me is make me delusional.
- Why must I get sick on the first day of my 16 day vacation? I know it happens every time, but why?
- It should snow some more this week. It snowed for about 5 minutes yesterday and I would really enjoy if it did it again.
- It took me 72 hours to listen to all 12 episodes of Serial this past week.
Got any random observations this week? Feel free to share below. xoxo ‘n lols, crystal