Seriously, could Halloween have come any sooner this year? This is the first year in 7 years that I haven’t put up any fall or Halloween decor, and I’ll be honest, it is bumming me out. It just came so quick, and just as quickly we’ll be sitting around the table thinking of our blessings and then putting the tree up and listening to carols.
To lift my spirits I spent some time this weekend thinking of the things I’d like to do to bring the spooky into my home:
- Put up some decor. I have a few things that I could quickly put out in my house to bring in some Halloween spirit, but I also really love these glowing eyes and floating ghosts.
- Pick up some healthy treats for the neighborhood trick or treaters. Check out this post we shared last year for healthy treats.
- Watch the classics. Hocus Pocus, It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, ABC Family 13 Nights of Halloween … there is no better way to get into the spirit than watching a classic spooky movie. I also saw a commercial for Fright Fight on ABC where families compete for spookiest decor.
- Dress up with co-workers or friends. I sort of hate to dress up by myself, but I love dressing up as part of a group. This year my co-workers and I have something major planned but I cannot share as it will spoil the surprise. I’m sure if you follow me on Instagram (@crystalzembal) you are sure to see a few pictures from the event!
- Attend a spooky baby shower. Or you can check back on the blog Thursday to read about Annie’s spooky baby shower.
What does your family do to get into the spooky spirit? xoxo ‘n lols, crystal