To accompany our newly organized linen closet I made some scented sachets to throw in to give our linens a fresh scent. I was inspired by Martha Stewart and My Crazy Blessed Life. Thankfully I had all items in my house and the project took me about 10 minutes for two sachets.
- Fabric [I used two contrasting, leftover fabrics from an older project]
- Downy Unstopables [I used the “Fresh” scent]
- Small kitchen funnel
- Sewing machine
- Cut fabric into square or rectangular shapes of somewhat equal sizes.
- Pair two pieces of fabric together and sew around the edge of three sides. I also folded down the edges of the unsewn side so that I would have a clean edge when I turned the sachet inside out.
- Turn inside out and sew the unsewn edge. Leave about an inch so that you can add the funnel for adding your scented material.
- Insert funnel into opening, add your scented material. When finished return to sewing machine and sew shut the sachet. Easy Peasy!
The sachets smell lovely and coordinate well with the linen closet [not on purpose, but a welcome delight]. I plan to make more and have even thought about trying different scents. Wouldn’t these also make a great Christmas gift? Make 3-4, wrap them in ribbon, and voila!
What would be your favorite sachet scent? xoxo ‘n lols, crystal