Today is probably one of my favorite days of the year because we get to “Fall back” and gain an extra hour. I have noticed over the past few years that I have really benefited (in the Fall) or suffered (in the Spring) from Daylight Saving Time. This week will feel so much longer to me and I cannot wait!
Here’s a few things that I’d like to do with my extra hour this week. How will you spend your time?
- Get outside – It’s the perfect time of the year to take a stroll through a neighborhood to see all the Fall porches or go on a hike and marvel at the changing colors. No matter what you do, get out and get some fresh air. It might be just what you need this week.
- Hit up that farmer’s market you’ve been meaning to check out – Or just cross off that one thing that has been on your to do list all year. I have a few things I’ve been meaning to do and it’s time to get on that.
- Write down what you’re thankful for – Spend some time reflecting on the past 10 months and jot down what you’re thankful for. Go back to your list when you feel stressed or overwhelmed during the holiday season and let your list fill your heart all over again.
- Decorate your house for Fall – There’s no better time of the year to get your house ready for the upcoming holidays!
- Call or meet up with someone you haven’t talked to in a while – Take that entire hour (and more!) to catch up, reconnect, laugh, be inspired. Maybe that person has been thinking about doing this as well. I bet you’ll make their day.