Annie’s Bucket List Updates…
1. Get healthy and stay healthy. We are probably about 85% Paleo. I know that’s not great and we are trying for 100% but we just started AND we have been really awesome at only buying paleo at the grocery store. The other 15% is usually at other people’s houses or out at happy hour. Fitness however is lacking… seriously lacking. If you read my post on Tuesday, you know I’m thinking about this. Yoga has to happen soon!
2. Become financially stable or something quite close. Next week we will be paying off our Discover card only to transfer 4 low balance, high interest cards and partial of another! Our transfer is 0% for over a year so we are saving a ton of money and time consolidating. One of my 3 student loans is almost paid off and Jason’s one student loan is pretty close too. We are closer to the halfway point of being “bad debt free” (we will still have car and house payments to make) and it’s almost nerve-racking. We’ve been working this past year to pay down our debt so much that it never felt like we were never going to see the light at the end of the tunnel. It’s starting to get brighter!
3. Cook more. This has definitely been happening, when we are actually home. August and September were vacation after vacation so we weren’t home much, however, we only went out once during our last 2 weekends away. We shared the cooking with my sister and her husband, which is nice and cheap!
4. Grow a garden. Nope, again.
5. Learn to sew. Nope, again.
6. Write creatively. I haven’t written anything except for blog posts and emails this year. I feel like this might not be the best use of my creative time anymore. It’s shocking, trust me, but I’ve been playing around with hand lettering and designing with fonts . I’m enjoying it much more actually.
7. Get more involved in finishing our house. As a result of the aforementioned debt payoff, we will be getting a shed by the end of the year. This means our second bedroom will be cleared out which means it will be finished shortly thereafter which means that’s another room (almost) done! After that many more projects can get started, finally!
8. Less pinning, more doing. Not as of late but I have something cooking… stay tuned!
9. Start an Etsy store filled with… something I haven’t created yet. This is still a work in progress on my end. Since my sister and I started Oak City Sisters, she has done well with her wine bottle lanterns but my products really haven’t made it up there yet. I have three framed vintage NC postcards up but nothing has sold yet. I know it’s lack of advertising but I haven’t really put much into it so I can’t expect much out. It probably won’t be done by the end of the year so I might call this one a wash now.
10. Give back. Last update I told you all about CANstruction and our giant Yogi Bear. Well he was built and… award winning!! We went up against 8 (I think) teams around the Triangle and we won 3 awards: Juror’s Favorite, Best Use of Labels, and Best Sign! It was fun but a ton of work. I sometimes felt like it was my side job. We were able to donate over 31,000 cans of food so it made the entire process worth it. Next time I think I’d like to be on the other end helping with coordination. Maybe next year? Maybe.
… and Crystal’s Bucket List Updates
1. Take at least one photo of myself every month. Meh, sorta.
3. Go somewhere I’ve never been
overseas internationally. I went to Toronto and had a great time.
4. Get a massage. Check! AND it has been the best form of relaxation these past couple of months.
5. Buy only one pair of shoes this year: red-soled Christian Louboutins. Well, I’ve actually been thinking about this a lot lately … as I’ve been noticing everyone’s fall shoe attire … and haven’t bought a pair of shoes in almost over a year … red-soled Louboutins simply aren’t as attractive to me as they were a year ago. Since the attraction has faded I don’t think I can spend those dollars on a pair of shoes that I’m not 110% in love with. However, I think a pair of Frye boots are in order, which have been on my list for many years.
6. Get a facial. Not yet …
7. Design a super fantastic outfit for the Lady Gaga concert that Annie and I are attending in 67 days. Learn all the lyrics to Macklemore & Ryan Lewis’ album “The Heist” by November. I’ve got quite a few down … what can I say? Signs of a goal-driven adult.
8. Note my favorite song every month to make my own personal soundtrack for the year. YES! January – “Thrift Shop” (Macklemore), February – “Same Love” (Macklemore feat. Mary Lambert), March – “That Girl” (Justin Timberlake), April – “Patty Crash” (Nikki Jean), May – “Miracle Mile” (Cold War Kids), June –
“Blurred Lines” (Robin Thicke feat. T.I. & Pharrell)“Better Dig Two” (The Band Perry), July – “Holy Grail” (Jay Z feat. Justin Timberlake), August – “Applause” (Lady Gaga), September – “Sweater Weather” (The Neighborhood). Note: I replaced my June song because I have morals, thanks for throwing off my personal soundtrack Thicke.
9. Make a trip once a month to Goodwill. While I had a little bump in the road throughout the year, this quarter proved to be a success! I’ve also begun compiling items to donate to a local women’s shelter after I volunteered there earlier in September … things like magazines, clothing, toiletries, etc.
10. Visit, hike, and photograph some of the waterfalls in the Asheville area. Hoping to in the next couple of weeks, I even added it to my fall bucket list. I am in desperate need of a getaway.
11. Discover my signature drink. Honestly, I haven’t had a drink in a couple of months, and I probably won’t anytime soon (don’t speculate, personal choice only). Maybe I’m just not a signature drink kinda girl? A couple of weeks ago I had a Shirley Temple … it was pretty great.
12. Get a puppy. Not yet, but company shutdown is coming up pretty soon, so I have been looking at what I can do now in order to make the process smoother in December (forms, researching local vets and adoption agencies, etc.).
13. Hug and kiss my husband once every day. Maybe not every day, but most days, I am happy to report. It’s simply the best thing after a stressful day of life/work, and I’ve had a lot of those lately.
How are you doing with your 2013 bucket list?