For a few months now I’ve been thinking about revamping my skincare and makeup routine. I used to work at a natural and organic spa where I learned a ton of information about products and ingredients and taking care of your skin. I have been pretty good with the products I’ve bought but revert back to bad habits when cash is low and I’m in desperate need. Currently and unfortunately, Cetaphil is my face wash, mostly because I have heard amazing things about it from all different people, especially people with sensitive skin and I was out so I needed something. My skin really doesn’t like this wash. Did you know it has 3 different parabens in it? I didn’t realize that until this week when I read the label. I found the EWG’s Skin Deep cosmetics database that has some interesting information about various ingredients in cosmetics.
Your skin absorbs everything you put on it and most makeup is made of almost all chemicals. Is that not as important as what you eat? Since discovering Bare Minerals at the aforementioned spa I haven’t bought “store-brand” makeup. I am willing to pay more for a better product, even if it is makeup. I’m so not a makeup person and try to get away with not wearing any in the summer, providing I have a little color on my face. (Yes, I love to sit out in the sun and tan. I will not compromise on that but I am strict on the sunscreen.) I’ve put together this little list of what I will be treating my skin to this spring in an attempt to go completely natural.
1. Alba Natural Hawaiian Facial Cleanser Pore Purifying Pineapple Enzyme – Alba products have been some of the best I’ve tried. The pineapple enzymes act as a natural exfoliant while it sits on your skin so there’s no need for another, harsher exfoliant.
2. Tarte Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer with Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Sunscreen – I switched from powder foundation to liquid in the fall and now that the weather is starting to get warmer I think liquid on top of a moisturizer is too much. The BB cream seems to fit the bill perfectly and eliminates a step which is perfect for days I’m late… like everyday.
3. bareMinerals All-Over Face Color in Warmth – This is the perfect bronzer. It seem really dark at first but it works with all different skin tones very well.
4. bareMinerals XL Original Mineral Veil – Miracle powder. If you haven’t tried this stuff yet go out now and put it on. It basically sets your makeup for the day and gives you a “finished” look.
5. Aveda Mosscara and 6. Aveda Nourish-Mint Smoothing Lip Color – I use some Aveda skincare products and love them but I’m not a big fan of the makeup, except for the eyes and lips. They have some great eyeliners and lipsticks but these are my favorite two products. The Nourish-Mint is perfect for summer because it cools your lips while it nourishes.
Do you have a natural skin care routine? What are you favorite products?